Thursday, September 14, 2006

Office building, not a military outpost, reader says

True,

With the highest regard for those who view the proposed Homeland Security building as an outpost of militarism, I offer that it is hardly that. It is, in fact, mainly an office building to house the U S Border Patrol in this sector of their assigned area. I think that to present it as a military outpost is not the best way to have a forthright debate on it.

I stand by my earlier assertion that it can honestly be argued against on the basis of it being a poor investment. All that money for maybe 24 apprehensions per year max?

The other issue remains the conflicts of interest that seem to loom every where in any important matter that comes before our local leaders.

Border security is a legitimate activity of government and it should be properly housed.

John Haluska
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: