Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Foster mom asks True for backbone on issues

I almost missed this very excellent letter from Foster Mom, which was in response to a True post about the "poor tax" (i.e., new sales tax).
Others have also said we should not be anonymous. Mom makes a good point. Please share your thoughts.
True

Have a voice, people. What you think is important. Regardless of the popularity. I like this site for its voice but to be anonymous is chicken shit. It is like all the people at the local watering holes running their mouths about what should be done, while doing nothing themselves. It is a waste of time if you don't have the backbone to stand up for what you think and believe. I have a sick mother, I have a very sick father, I have work, I have dogs. I have no time for other crap.
But I begged people to come to "the meeting". True north posted it. Very few of you came came. Restaurant owners did. We beat our part of of it but when the vote came for the rest of it ... I said, "Who is here to speak for the outfitters, the other people?" and about six people raised their hands. Somebody has to speak out!!
Anonymous people deserve what they get. Nothing. We needed your opinions then! Before it left Cook County.
Sarah Hamilton
Trail Center Lodge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah Hamilton rocks and I totally agree. And when Sarah and I disagree, we are willing to respectfully tell each other. And when we disagree, I still think Sarah Hamilton rocks.